Hand Me The Rake and I Will Get Busy


 
Earlier, I wrote it was warm outside.  I had a choice, vacuum up all the dog hair in the house, or go outside and rake the dog yard!  Hmm, didn't think long on that one!  There was only one problem!  One grass rake had the plastic tines and about two or three were missing.  The other grass rake was missing half of the handle.  I am not a tall person, so I opted for the short handle with the metal tines that were all there. 
It took me over two hours to do the dog yard.  I had to stop and take a few pictures along the way.  I was tired anyway and that was the best reason to try and get some bird pictures.  I didn't do too well on them. Chickadees are so fast!  They fly in, grab a seed and fly out. They find the perfect branch and pound that seed until it pops open. They eat that tiny little seed and then they are off again to the feeder for another.  The Cardinal hid behind the branches so the camera kept focusing on the branches and not him.  He finally got out in the open and just as the focus came clear, he flew off!  The Titmouse was in the platform feeder. Yep, I got a picture. Too bad the sides of the feeder are almost higher then he was.  A Pileated Woodpecker flew in but I was on the other side of the fence then and couldn't get a focus either.  I did manage to get a picture of the leaves I raked, the yard, the Pin Oak in all it's majesty and a Crow in the far distant Cottonwood tree. 
Now it's time to cook supper!


Out of focus Cardinal but the bush is
in focus!

Tufted Titmouse - the feeder almost hides him

My huge pile of leaves

Part of the back dog yard.  I even pulled
leaves off the concrete and down the wood
steps

Another portions of the yard

The Mighty Pin Oak

The Crow in the distant Cottonwood tree





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME