Where Does The Time Go

Time Flies
By Mary J Williams (c)

I was looking forward to planting
Around the first of May
Putting in the flowers
Now, it's an August day

Where on earth did the time go
It seems like it just flew by
It passed by so fast
I feel like I could cry

I like the warmer weather
I can always cool off inside
This old body doesn't move so good
And that I can't abide

I want to garden
And pull out the weeds
If I do all that
Then I don't do other deeds

I noticed my dog, Lacy
Is slowing down too
Sleeps most of the day
no playing does she do

I was out there today
Pulling up some weeds
Using a sprinkler up in front
Water is what those plants need

Still getting tomatoes
The one plant is the best
Early Girl is the name
Better Boy's are the rest

The time is going to fast
Pretty soon freezing temps begin
Then I will have to stay inside
It will be "I can't wait 'til Spring starts again"            
                   
8-18-2024




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME