Got To Get My Yard Done!

Somehow, my yard always falls behind.  Now that the garden is under flood waters, maybe, just maybe, I can get something done in my yard.
I started the other day and got that front of the house project almost complete. Want to put some plants in the planters.
Today I went outside with every intention of getting the plants I purchased on Saturday all planted. So far, that is not going well.
First I had to weed out the multitude of maple trees.  Why are there so many this year? Plus weeding out all the other stuff.  I have this little brick walk area that weeds love the cracks to grow in. Had to clean that up. Decided to clean out the area by the telephone pole and plant the 'Zahara' Zinnias. I put one of the Crossandra in that area too. I over-wintered it!  I also put in some Portulaca (Rose Moss) and I planted a 'Jet Star' tomato.  Might as well have an edible planted.
Taking a break now!  Ate some lunch, writing this up and then back outside, to hopefully get the plants in the ground.  Supposed to rain the rest of the week!
The last two picture are the area in front of our driveway.  It's supposed to eliminate the rain down the driveway and making gullies in my yard. I cleaned part of it last week and finished my side of the drive today.  The first picture is what it looks like now in front of my drive. The second picture is in front of the neighbors drive. Mine looked worse then that!
This is the driveway side of the yard. Cleaned it
all out. You can see my brick area at top
Around the telephone pole

My tomato and the Portulaca- some sedum is there too
My side cleaned out in front of drive
Neighbors side in front of drive





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME