What's Happening?

I can tell you what's happening. Nothing much! You need sun and warm weather for tomatoes and peppers and probably all other things to grow. What you don't need is constant cloudy weather, rains and flooding.
My garden plot across the river may or may not be under water yet! Can't drive over there as there is still water over the road!
Here at the house, we have had a tornado and more rains and cloudy weather with cooler temperatures.
I am trying to grow a few things here at the house. Planted 4 broccoli in March, they haven't grown. Planted some peas and I have about 6 little pods. I did get some lettuce.  I have tomatoes and peppers and am hoping the squirrels and the chipmunks leave them alone.  We shall see!

No Garden This Year
by Mary J Williams ©

My garden isn't growing
I wonder why
there is rain falling
from that cloudy sky.

It has rained so much
I think I should build an ark
Flooding of my gardens
Put's everything in the dark.

No potatoes this year
no onions or green beans
Maybe a farmers market
is going to be my scene.

Oh well, this rain will soon be over
It will probably get so hot
you will wish this doesn't change
and then again, maybe NOT!

I didn't mean to write a poem
sometimes the words are there
This time I was awake
and sitting in my chair.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME