Hopefully A New Resident Critter

The other day I went to Birds-I-View to tell Regina and Steve Garr why I hadn't been in to purchase any birdseed.
Those reading my blogs should be able to figure that out. The squirrels and the chipmunks and raccoons were beating out all the birds. Eating all the food and terrorizing me in the process. Like tearing up my garden plants- peppers and tomatoes.  Chipmunks have their own agenda, digging up plants and burying seed that they will never find as they sprout.
The raccoon incidents were just too much, even causing or part of injuries. 

I was telling Steve about the one bird feeder with drain holes that the squirrel figured out s/he could get a few seeds out of. S/he was eating Safflower, which the books tell you squirrels don't like.  Let me tell you guys something, if you have it out there, they will eat it.  They were eating my dry meal worms too. Pushing up the low hanging cover so they could get to it. Steve thinks they have it in for me too!

I then told Regina I really liked the Cherry Jam with Pepper and, as she had suggested, had it on toast with cream cheese.

Regina, being such a sweet salesperson (and Owner), copied her recipe sheet (available on line). On the sheet was BIV Special Cocktail Meatballs and "Festive Deviled Eggs" BIV Version.  I bought the mustard and the peppers and the Cranberry Pepper jelly that were part of the ingredients.  My meatballs would be different than anybody as I made my own chili seasonings and used a little of both. I made both to go with some leftovers tonight for supper.  Both were wonderful. So I thank you Regina for a great supper.  I know they were appetizers but we used both as part of the meal!

Sorry I prattled on about the food but hey, I just had to tell you.  Now, Steve had this thing sitting on the check-out counter.  What's this, I say.  Steve tells me it's a frog house.  You put in water, hang near lighting at night and those little frogs will eat some insects.  How sweet is that.  I split with some money and purchased it.  Can't wait to see if a frog enters this castle. Hmm, maybe he will turn into a prince!!!!


If you want to check out Birds-I-View here is the URL  http://www.birds-i-view.biz/?fbclid=IwAR3mHoka6OPlhoAoTngFu-Unw7-N8pCuRErVFP8VJuDU4eVVPuPOH1046PM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME