This Squirrel is on my Last Nerve!

I know, you all love the squirrels. They are so cute! We feed them! He eats out of my hand! 
Big Deal!
My squirrels not only eat here, eating most of the birdseed, they also are on the demolish the deck mission.
A couple of days ago, Tuesday, July 21st, I posted a picture on Facebook of what I caught a young squirrel doing to a 2 x 4 on my deck.  This squirrel loves the feeder. It's all metal. It has drain holes at the bottom and some holes on the front side that keeps the holder in and the bar that closes when something heavy, like a squirrel, gets on it. Shuts down with no seed available. So, this young squirrel figured out that he could suck out some seed from the drain hole:
The metal bird feeder

The drain holes in the bottom
which are larger now that the
squirrel has chewed on them
Even had chewed on those 3 holes


Now on the 21st I noticed this squirrel chewing on the 2 x 4 and took a picture of it
I couldn't believe the damage the critter had done and thought, "gonna have to get that fixed and soon." Little did I know that, on this morning of the 23rd, I was going to freak out after seeing the 2 x 4.

this is the 2 x 4 on the afternoon of the 21st of July

This is the 2 x 4 on the morning of the 23rd.  Not much left of that section of the 2 x 4.  I would say it needs to be fixed right away.  Husband did put a section of board over that area until he can go purchase  a new 2 x 4. 

So, you continue to smile and grin and say, "how cute." I myself am getting out the frying pan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME