Trapping the Line

 


Trapping the Line

By Mary J Williams

 

I feel like one of the Mountain Men

Checking on a trap line

The mouse traps were set

But Nothing did I find

 

Most of them still had bait

But one was stripped clean

How does a mouse do that

And not spring the thing?

 

I have two on the kitchen floor

One is in the back room

One is in a closet

I hope all are caught soon

 

Yes, I have trapped a few

You see the telltale signs

Little turds on the floor

Always in a line

 

Set the trap with peanut butter

It never seems to fail

One I even caught

By his little tail

 

This is driving me nuts

Having the mice in the house

Never before in over twenty years

Have we ever had a mouse!

 

The year is 2020

The year of COVID-19

Guess I can blame the mice

On what a year it’s been

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME