Critters, Deck, Birds and More

 Sometimes when things start going wrong, like raccoons dumping my flower boxes and squirrels eating seed and my lattice (no that is not a spelling error!) Now ants have been in the jelly for the Baltimore Orioles and this morning they were in the meal worms!  Sometimes I ask myself, Is it Worth it?  Well, then I write a poem! LOL!



Feeding Birds, Is it Worth It?
By Mary J Williams ©

During the spring
And all through the summer
My deck is a mess
And that is a bummer

I feed the birds
They are a messy lot
But they love the food
Keeping it clean is for naught

If it isn’t one critter
It soon will be more
I even end up
Standing at the door

Scaring off Grackles and Starlings
And Sparrows are on the list
So is the squirrel
And raccoon, you get the gist!

Now there is another
That has moved in this year
Those tiny little ants
Hundreds of them, I fear

Taking over the jelly
now on the meal worms
It’s enough to deal with the others
Let alone ants, do they carry germs?

I noticed a critter
Has chewed on the lid
Another storage container
Will now have to be hid

I have two containers
Back in the house
Now all I have to worry about
Is the little mouse

Can the mouse chew the lid?
He probably could
If they were really hungry
They probably would

Is it all worth it?
Woodpeckers think so
I have had most
They put on quite a show

Baltimore Orioles
Are sticking around
A flash of orange and black
The song is a lovely sound

So, I put up with the critters
Those greedy birds too
Because the others come,
On to my deck, they flew

I take so many pictures
I feel Blessed to see them there
Plus, I put those pictures
On line, for all to share!

The deck is cleaned up for now
All the feeders are full
I will say one thing though
My life is never really dull!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME