Warning! Do Not Buy This Plant, EVER!

 Many years ago, probably around 20 years + or - a couple, hubby and I redid the whole area on the right side of our yard. Had to have a tree removed and we put in our walk way with a form that you filled with concrete. This is a picture of a portion of the walkway we built.

I purchased this really cool plant from Lowe's. That's another lesson. The plant was Lysimachia ciliata 'Firecracker'. The first year it was fine. The second year I was digging out so many plants that scattered all over this area. Random plants everywhere. The third year, I thought I had better dig that stuff up. I dug it up for the next 4-5 years. Haven't had any since, until today! I was going to put in some Natives, four of them. I knew I had to clean out the are first. When I walked down the walk and looked over, I almost fainted! There, in the middle, just below the pond, was this plant. Rain? Someone else growing it? Birds? Just buried and with all the rain and weird weather, it found a home? Anyone's guess!  I knew I couldn't do the planting and take all those plants so that was left for another day.  Here is hoping I can get rid of them again!!
This was not here last year so I don't have a clue as to where it came from.
It has yellow flowers. 

Well, that's the story for today's gardening. Please put this on your list of do not buy this plant. If you have a smart phone, put the information in your notes so you always have it. Hopefully you will remember it's there!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME