It’s Really Over This Time!
By Mary J Williams ©

That’s it,
I’m done!
Waking up to this
Is no fun!

Empty flower box
On the deck floor
Pieces of something
Broken and more

Looked around
What did I see?
Broken solar light
They have also broken me

Not putting out more seed
Except what I brought in the house
I can’t take any more
Now, you can think me a louse

Have gone through
Six jars of jelly
Not the orioles
Sparrows think it’s their deli

I have the occasional Cardinal
A couple of Blue Jays too
But mostly Grackles and Starlings
The Sparrows, way over a few!

I can’t have the flowers
That I’ve had for years
The new generation of birds
Are the greediest, I fear

Used to not having
To look for anything
Having it laid out
So, they just waited like kings

Well, now they have to work for the seed
I have bugs, insects, beetles and more
They can take pride in the yard
Maybe, again, I will adore

That goes for the squirrels
And those raccoons too
Go somewhere else
Or you could end up as stew!


Grackles

Sparrows

Starlings



Blue Jay

Cardinal

I had to move the flower box so my dog could get by                                                                                                                                                                                      
The destroyed solar light 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME