Tears this Morning

Tears in my Eyes
By Mary J Williams ©

It’s one of those days
I have tears in my eyes
Looking out my window
I heaved a big sigh

The Red-bellied flew in
No suet did he find
I felt so bad
This is messing with my mind

Yes, the Grackles are gone
The Starlings are out of sight
But this person is miserable
No other birds are my plight

Ok, there still are sparrows
Eating the smaller seed
Even the chickadees
Will come in and feed

“Big Deal”, I say
I want my woodpeckers back
Not having them all
Is something I lack

It’s hard to type
With tears falling down
Time to get suet
I have to go to town

Birds-I-View
doesn’t open ‘til 10
Better get my work done
So, I can leave by then

Suet’s going back out
Don’t care if it all lands on the deck
Will just have to wash it off
At least I will be happier, by Heck!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME