I Love My Kitchen Window!

 I was just going to get a cup of coffee, when I looked out the kitchen window and saw the Pileated Woodpecker.  I immediately ran to the back room and grabbed my camera.  I attempted to take a picture from the dining room window and then decided I wasn't getting a good shot so went to the kitchen window. Was hoping the Pileated wouldn't fly when he saw me in the window. That's when I saw the second one up on the lattice roof.  I watched and snapped a few pictures of the male and realized it was a Juvenile Pileated. The other was the adult male!  He would pound away on the suet and then he went to the Juvenile on the deck railing at the time, and fed him. After feeding, he went back to the suet.  I was hoping for a good shot of him feeding the youngster.  I got a couple of shots of the two of them on the railing of the deck. I tried a shot of him feeding the youngster but it was blurred and the view wasn't good as both were bent down behind a stake. I waited and was ready for the next feed, snapping a few other pictures.  I finally got a picture of the Dad feeding the youngster. Not the best but at least you can see! Just after this, they both flew off!  

I know most of my friends on Facebook saw this on my home page. I decided to write this up as I always hope there are one or two that follow this blog and not necessarily from the Facebook page! 

  




Juvenile on left Dad on right




Dad coming in with suet



Just before they left. 6-27-2021 











Dad feeding the Juvenile Pileated Woodpecker 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME