I'm Back! The Birds are Glad!



The Suet is Out and the Jelly too!
By Mary J Williams

I put out the suet
The large one and more
The little pebbles
I had left in the freezer door

The Grackles was talking
“Hurry up, you’re taking too long
I laughed and said I’m doing it right
I don’t want to do it wrong

I heard other birds
I swear they were watching me
As I put up the suet
And the grape jelly

There were grackles and starlings
And sparrows and more
They all flew in
As I just shut the door.

I looked out my window
Eight sparrows I see
Some on the suet
The starlings were three

The one little grackle
Who came and talked to me,
Was trying to get his share
They all were on an eating spree

Not the favorite birds
But soon they will come too
I just have to be patient
That’s all that I can do!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME