The Alternative Plan for Feeding the Birds



The Alternative Plan for Feeding Birds
By Mary J Williams ©

Just finished the other poem
But my brain didn’t stop
Thinking about missing birds
An alternative plan I will plot

The birdbath on the deck
Will draw all the birds up there
But no seed or suet will be found
I know it doesn’t sound fair

I have a shepherd’s hook
Down in the lower yard
Also, platform feeders
Feed to be found won’t be too hard

I will have sunflower seed
And a mixed wild bird seed too
There is also a couple of suet feeders
The Pileated can’t use them, boohoo.

There is another 2 x 4
I can put a large suet on
As long as the woodpecker can rest his tail
He will pound away till It’s gone

The squirrels will be there
But out of my sight
Then I won’t get upset
I hope that statements right!

So, water will be on the deck
Suet and seed down below
I can still grab the camera
That I already know.

I can see from the dining room window
But not as easy as from the kitchen
The birdbath is always used
So, not changing my position

What do you think, is this a good plan?
Won’t have as much bird poop,
I have to wash off the deck
I think I can now have time to recoup!


Have to get a suet feeder for the large
Pileated Woodpecker

probably have to replace this platform 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME