Water-Weeding and a Squirrel- A Father's Day Special

A Squirrel on Father’s Day 
By Mary J Williams © 

It’s Father’s Day today 
Got up early doing a tribute to my Dad 
Found a poem I wrote 
Lots of pictures I had 

It was still real early 
So, decided to go outside 
Needed to water the plants 
I didn’t want them to die 

I just had to bend over 
And pick a weed or two 
Pulled out the dead pansies 
Leaving them in the pots wouldn’t do 

A little pile of weeds 
Laying everywhere 
But I am also watering 
So, at this time, I don’t care 

I caught a little movement 
In the corner of my eye 
It was a critter running at me 
No time to think, I cry 

I swung that hose around 
As fast as I could 
Yelling funny sounds 
It’s running right to where I stood 

Nope, he veered to the left 
He jumped up in the tree 
I’m still spraying the hose 
In the direction he could be 

I’m Bad! 
I am laughing out loud 
Wonder what someone would think 
If they drove by right now! 

Little things can make you happy 
Spraying water on a squirrel is one 
Even pulling weeds 
And getting the watering done!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME