The Streak of Brown

 



The Streak of Brown
By Mary J Williams ©

I am out watering
Haven’t had much rain
Don’t want my gardening
To be done in vain!

I watered the transplants
I did the other day!
They are looking good
Nothing more to say

A lilac in the front
I had to severely trim
Hoping the water
Will revive ‘Miss Kim’

I moved over under the Pin Oaks
Where Hosta and Wild Ginger grow
I caught a steak of brown running by
What was that? I don’t know!

I kept watering
Even had to sit down
Watering across the drive
So, Chloe’s plants won’t brown.

Where Hosta and Painter’s Palette are
Another brown streak came running out
This time I saw him, he stopped
I know what he is about

Maybe finding something to eat
Maybe taking a snooze
The water was just too much
So, the Chipmunk decided to move

I talked to him a minute
But he had nothing to say
When I turned my head
The Chipmunk simply ran away!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME