Watching the Travels of a Squirrel Running Away from Dog on the Ground!

 There was a squirrel on the deck and Lacy finally spotted it. The squirrel ran towards the roof, but I was standing there and let out a loud "ARRGH"! LOL! Needless to say, the squirrel made a U turn and ran for the banister of the steps. Lacy is fast but not that fast and the Squirrel made it to the back fence ran along it for a bit, got down on the ground, ran to the shed, up and over the top, to disappear in the trees behind! 

I kept telling Lacy there was a squirrel in the flat bird feeder, but she ignored me. She did, however walk down that way and the squirrel took off!  Watching him run across the top of the fence, jumping to the crabapple tree, moving from there to a good position. I am on the deck saying, "You can't jump from there, (just as the squirrel did just that), OH, I guess you can!"  Now squirrel is in the neighbor's young maple tree. Goes up, moves over a branch, goes up, comes back down then over and jumps to the large maple tree! I see a couple of branches moving but don't see anything more! I came in the house and got my camera and took pictures of the route and then marked it!

They sure are entertaining even if they do eat all my birdseed!


the feeder and where he was sitting

The route the squirrel took from feeder to crabapple

The huge jump from crabapple to the young maple 
I want to say it was 7ft at least!

The zig-zag route in smaller maple before deciding
where to jump from to the big maple


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME