The Cricket Rescue

A Cricket Rescue
By Mary J Williams ©

I am a cricket
As some can plainly see
I came inside this place
Getting warm was the key

This place I fell
Is cold and slick
I can’t get out
Even though I can kick

I am resting awhile
I am under something dark
Maybe I will be okay
And the panic was just a lark

Oh no, there is water
It’s really coming down
Now I really think
That I might even drown

Wait, what is that
It’s trying to capture me
Finally, I’m in a dark place
Circled by a soft lee

I feel a little safe
But am not really sure
There is a little bounce
What am I to endure?

I hear a funny noise
I smell and hear the air
suddenly the lee opened up
Now how will I fare?

I see the sky above
The ground is down below
I am back outside
Thanks to the saving soul!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME