Ewe! Phew! Nasty!

 A small story about my Lacy!

Lacy is a beggar! She is always by my side in the kitchen. Yes, I have dropped things on the floor and she licks them up! That is her job! The rest of the time I am chopping, dicing, cooking or whatever, she is waiting, sometimes whining, wanting that one special thing to drop!  Today was no different! 

I am making my favorite potato salad! Cucumber Dill Potato Salad.  I got the recipe out of the J.C. Manor Nursing Home Cookbook and have made it instead of my old standby that mom used to make. It is a refreshing potato salad.

I am chopping up the celery. Lacy keeps whining. I finally said, "here, but you aren't going to eat it!"  Sure enough, she dropped it right back on the floor.

The next thing was the green onions. She could whine all day long and I wouldn't flip her a piece of that! 

Next came the dill. There was no way that Lacy would touch dill, so I didn't even bother!

Mixing it up with Mayonnaise and Kraft Cucumber Ranch Dressing.  I, of course, had to taste it! Yes, mighty


fine!  Stirred up a bunch more. I was washing utensils off in the sink and looked down and there laid a small bite of the potato salad.  What's the rule, "5 seconds to pick something up off the floor?" Well, that is exactly what I did. However, there was some of the dressing on the floor!

Miss Lacy decided she needed to lick up the dressing! Then the funniest thing happened! I heard this weird noise, almost like a sneeze but kind of like ugh!  I turned around and there was Lacy trying not to lick her mouth, rubbing it on the floor and then over to the wall and rubbing her mouth on both sides on the wall!  I laughed out loud!  I laughed and laughed! I asked Lacy, "what's the matter, didn't you like it?" She gave me the look of "Love" and sashayed out of the room!  

Don't you just love dogs!  I do! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME