A Mouse in the House

A Full Closet of Clothes and a Mouse or Two                      
By Mary J Williams ©

Have you ever looked in a closet,
that is stuffed full of clothes?
And see a bunch of mouse turds
Where the mice ran across those!

Yes, way at the top where the pole was
Those blasted mice ran
Leaving their droppings as they moved along
As only a mouse can

What is the solution
Can you figure it out?
Wash all the clothes
I finally shout

That is easier said than done
Hangers have to be removed
Each hanger has to be washed
All the clothing moved

Next you have to sort
Whites are here and colors there
These are mine; these are his
I can barely breath the air

Look up a dry cleaner
You surely need one
Old fireman’s coat and suits
Not worn anymore but need done

You drive to the close one
They aren’t even there
Been closed forever
Now you think, where?

After some driving, and asking Siri
Wrong side of town, I have to move on
But there is a seller here in the parking lot
To the strawberries is where I was drawn

Off to the East End of town
Was the only cleaner I found
Drive to the window
Placed all the clothes in a mound

Be ready Monday is what I was told
So back to the house
Where washing is still going,
Getting rid of signs of the mouse

I washed and I washed
Load after load
Hardly made a dent
We have too many clothes

Please, Hubby look at your clothes
Take out the ones you no longer wear
I sat downed and cried
As he stated nothing there.

He wanted them all
Just in case he wanted to wear it
It’s been 20 years and you haven’t yet
Get rid of the excess, I said in a fit

My clothes you ask?
Yes, there are many
I took out all the things
That wouldn’t fit my fanny

If it was smaller
It went in a pile
Even if I loved it
I say with a smile

I see some shirts hanging
I didn’t wash that yet
I bet I know the culprit
Hubby, is the one, I bet!

Please, leave the clothes alone
You don’t know where I’m at
I have piles too wash
And the closet to clean, now scatt!

Washed all the closet walls
Vacuumed that rug floor
Set out some mousetraps
Hopefully there are no more

I picked up all that cleaning
$176 dollars it cost
I dropped off more stuff
I don’t care if something gets lost

Later today, it’s 2:54 a.m. now,
Was supposed to do the Spring Seminar
Not going to go, it’s not in the cards
I have to get this done, more important by far

There are at least another 6 loads of wash
No-one should have that much to wear
Go through your closets, take out some stuff
You won’t be sorry I swear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME