Just One More Day

Just One Day
By Mary J Williams ©

Yesterday, driving around
I looked in the many yards
I didn’t see one flower
And that, sure was hard

One day later
Driving down the street
Flowers were everywhere
To everyone they did greet

Just one day, just One day
Now blooms are on a tree
Just one day is what it was
Before, I wasn’t patient, you see

Today, as I was driving
All the flowers in bloom
Forsythia was too
Guess it’s the sun, I assume

It’s only the low fifties
And the wind is blowing hard
Yet those flowers all popped out
In everybody’s yard

Yes, even in my own
Where there were none yesterday
I have Hyacinth and Anemone
And the Daffodils are out to play

I feel better now
Not so awfully blue
I should have had more patience
Just one more day would do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME