The End of the Mouse Saga

End of the Mouse Saga
By Mary J Williams

I set four traps
And for two days, no mouse
Could I get lucky
Are they out of the house?

One trap is missing
Nowhere to be found
I didn’t move it
I even looked on the ground

Looked in the trash bin
Swept the floor clean
No mouse trap around
It’s a mystery it seems

I continued to clean
Threw away this and that
I threw away rags
And even an old matt

All the time looking
For that missing trap
I hear a strange noise
A rat a tat tat

I pull out the bin
holding white clothes
the mouse in the trap
not dead, goodness knows

I ended the life of that little mouse
He was too far injured to save
I know that’s what a mouse trap is for
But with me doing it, I’m not that brave


I hope no more are around
No longer come into the house
This is way too traumatic
I feel like a big louse

I also don’t want to do
What I’ve done for the last three days
Cleaning and laundry up to my eyes
Please little mice, mend your ways!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME