Gardening, New Shed and Mice

 Gardening has begun! I don't have a large garden, but my flower beds will be holding both flowers and veggies.  Just because I can, I cut the end off the large bunch of celery. That end went directly into a flower pot outside. Since I planted it we have had below freezing temperatures. I figured if it was going to make it would, if not, I would try again! It is still growing strong.  I also cut a potato that had sprouts. Put the cut pieces in a 1/2 whiskey barrel I used last year for flowers and peppers. I have two potato plants growing.

Today was the day of cleaning up after my son and granddaughter built a shed for us.  I have decided I need a shelf to put the flower pots on. I can't wait to tell you what happened.  I was cleaning the top of the table I had put my flower pots on, for the winter. I covered them up with a large container with rope handles.  I lifted up the top and little mice went running everywhere. I laughed. There were several pots, one inside another. In the top one they had made a cozy little nest. One larger mouse, probably mom, took off and when I moved the planters, one after another kept spilling out from the cozy nest. No, I did not even attempt to get rid of them. Wasn't going to happen. They were outside in their element and that was fine with me. I just don't like those that sneak into my garage and get into my clothes in the closet. Those I have issues with. 

I love spring! Even though I was working hard, I had time to sit and watch the migrating Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and watch other birds going back and forth to the feeders. Mostly suet. Those birds need protein for nesting time. Was a windy, sunny spring day!


the two potatoes 




The lettuce



Male Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Male Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Comments

  1. I would have liked to see all the mice scatter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME