Me, The Dogs and The Squirrel

 I went out on the deck to hang up a flower basket I saved all winter long. I pulled the hose out and watered. I didn't see nor did I hear the squirrel sneak up on the other side of the deck, lay down over the top of the one feeder and start sucking out the seed. It was a small squirrel so, not very old. I say suck out the seed as there are very small holes about 1/8 inch, drain holes and holes where the bar attaches. I can't think of any other way for them to eat the seed then suck it into their mouths.  

I went back into the house and just happened to look out the window and saw that goofy squirrel laying there. "How the heck did I miss seeing him or hearing him?"  I did then what I always do! I whispered the word "squirrel", both dogs came running. Now, I opened the door, the squirrel was so involved in eating didn't see me, or didn't care, and didn't see the dogs.  I tried to point out the squirrel to the dogs and they were, "huh?"  "where", "don't see a squirrel!" I walked to the feeder! 

The squirrel sees me now! He takes off, and heads to the cross bar of the shade cloth. He finally goes to the peek and jumps to the roof. That is not the direction he is supposed to go! I know it and he knows it! He heads towards the front of the house and I can't see him, so I turned around and headed to the end of the deck and told Rosebud to be quiet as the squirrel isn't around. I heard something and turned and there was that squirrel on the outside edge of the deck floor trying to get to the back yard. I went over to the edge and he went down the post to the chain link fence. By this time, with all the commotion, Rosebud realizes where the squirrel is and comes over to the fence area. "Oh no" says squirrel and starts heading back up the post to the deck, but I am up there! He goes back down and heads towards the house. Lacy is on sight now and growls, which urges the squirrel to the house. "Nope" says young squirrel, "not heading that way!" "That's not my way home!" I could almost hear him thinking, "Ready, Set, GO!" The little guy ran like crazy, sped down the bar of the chain link fence, around the corner, jumped into the Rusty Blackhaw and then into the Pin Oak, Climbed up, up and up! Last I saw, he was really up high, 

I decided to go in the house!  He lives in the back and normally goes down the fence and climbs up the shed and jumps into the Locust tree. I think, he had enough of the dogs and I, he was going to take a rest way up high!

Just out of curiosity, I am going to go check right now and see if that goof ball is back on that feeder! Yes, yes he was and I got a picture, just so you could see! He left his normal route, going across the lattice over the patio, down to the chain link fence at one point but then he didn't go home, he went across the back fence over to those feeders, which are empty and then to the Crabapple tree and I lost him then. Probably on his way back to the deck. LOL!

                                                                                                  Hope you can see the hole below those X's



heading to the Crabapple

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME