Can't "JUST DO" Anything!

I am back in the house! I was "just going to do" the watering. I don't know how to "just do" anything. 
I ended up pulling out weeds and grass from around the pots along the sidewalk, then decided to move the pots, dug all the grass and weeds under and around them. Have a couple more to do but, that will be another day! 
Plus, while watering, I see these things growing that aren't suppose to be there and I just have to stop and pull them out. Then you end up with a pile and I went down the drive and got the old container and lugged it up the hill and filled half of it with all that stuff. LOL!
 I can't "just do", one thing. 
Then, lol, I interrupted myself, while getting the shovel to dig out the grass and stuff, saw the bird seed cylinder on the workbench, so stopped and got the saw and cut it into 6 pieces. Brought the shovels and the seed up front. Took the seed in the house and to the deck and decided to get the meal worms and put them out. 
By that time the water had already been splashed out of the birdbath, so, filled it back up. 
Then back to the front to water some more. Neighbor was watering and I went to ask him a question. Noticed seeds on his Red Japanese Maple. Discussed propagation with him. Then noticed there were some on my tree. Have never seen them before. Grabbed one. When I was heading to water the stuff along the driveway, I thought, those are perennial and probably need a cold period. I took a small pot, filled it with soil, took the double seed pot popped it in half, and after dampening the soil, popped the two halves in it. 
Finished watering. 
Took the pot in the house, had to stop and refill the water in the birdbath, again! Then in the house and got some plastic wrap and covered the pot and popped it in the freezer. 
Just set a reminder to take it out of the freezer in 30 days. Going to wait on doing another until they dry up and fall.
It has been two hours since I started outside the first time!

As I type this, I realized I did a little more. I dug out some potatoes out of a pot. Not many in there but a large seed potato was and still looked like it was alive. I had an empty pot up front, where all the borers got in the squash, so had pulled the dead plants out. I took out the trellis and planted that seed potato in there. Who knows, it just might grow.
I took the trellis and put it in a pot and partially in the ground, as there was a Cardinal climbing vine in it going all over so thought it might like the trellis to crawl on. 
Besides taking pictures of my Eastern Bluebirds. The looked like they had been in the birdbath. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME