I Forgot and the Critter Had Fun!

I Forgot
By Mary J Williams ©

Because the raccoon
has been a roughneck
I bring in the one feeder
And hide the wiggler on the deck

A busy day yesterday
I worked and some play
Forgot to do the feeder
No hiding the wiggler today

This morning let the dog out
I opened up the door
There lay the wiggler
In pieces, on the deck floor

Dropped from the birdbath
Little more the three feet
It was in five pieces
That was quite a feat

The lid was away from the rest
The four together they lay
I only saw one battery
Did he eat the other? I say

I looked all around
Even went down below
Never found the other battery
Where is it? I will never know

Grabbed a new battery
Up the stairs I went
Turned over the top
Battery two was present

I really did feel silly
Not turning it over to see
If the other battery was there
Bet you all agree

The battery is in
The top is screwed on
The leg is replaced
The wiggler goes around

Now if this critter
Would leave it alone
Or me not forget
To hide it, I say with a moan!

total of 5 pieces

Four pieces 


Comments

  1. Your critters sure give me delight and I hope you enjoy some of their antics as much as you can

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME