The Ants In My House

Ants In My House
By Mary J Williams ©


I saw two ants                                                   
In the bathroom sink
How did they get there?
I need to think

It’s not the first time
This has happened before
Seems like it happens
When I go out the door

I walk on the deck
Check the birdfeeders there
Add water to birdbath
Water plants, that’s all I swear

Come in the house
Make second pot of coffee
One is for Jim
And the other is for me

Go comb my hair
Then brush my teeth
There are the ants
Crawling in the sink beneath

How did they get there?
I have no clue
I bet you all know
What I am about to do

Yep, down the drain they go
Water swirling them down
You are no more
I say with a frown

Now I’m at my computer
Writing about the raccoon
At least I think that’s the critter
Hope to figure it out soon

I have a spot
Floating in my eye.
I hope there isn’t anything wrong
But it’s upsetting, I am about to cry

I am really worried
What is that big spot
Floating back and forth
I can only think of a blood clot

I take off my glasses
Oh, my Goodness, what do I see
A tiny little ant
Is scaring the crap out of me

Traveling along the top frame
Back and forth he goes
I guess I am lucky
He isn’t crawling up my nose

I knock that little ant off
The spot in my eye, no longer there
I bet that little ant
Was up in my hair

I have seen them on the deck
The feeding dishes right there
Bet that’s where I get them
They jump into my hair.

Well, I believe that mystery is solved
I carry the ants inside
Not only in my hair
My shoes too are where they hide

Okay, little ants
I’m on to your game
Things are gonna be different now
It will never be the same!!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME