Lacy
By Mary J Williams ©

                                                            My little girl does fine                                                            
Why is it that during the day?
When nighttime comes
Things tend to go astray

Lacy likes cantaloupe
I gave her to much
She really likes it
I gave her a bunch

Some I had purchased
It wasn’t the good stuff
I got from the neighbors
But she sure had enough

The thing is this
Rosebud had some too
Her system didn’t get messed up
She didn’t get sick, I have no clue

Lacy was up several times
About every hour during the night
Letting her outside
It’s me that looks a fright

That was the first night
No cantaloupe for her
Just the regular treats
So, things back the way they were

That didn’t happen
Last night the same
Little whines woke me up
Like a good mommy, I came

Let her outside again
Waited around for a bit
Then back inside
Hope this soon quits

I realized this morning
It’s like when I had a baby
You sleep, but lightly
To hear when they waken, maybe

No wonder I’m exhausted
When you have a baby, you are too
Sleeping soundly is a foreign thing
You do what you have to do!

On this day, Miss Lacy
No treats for you
I probably should say
Just one or two

Dehydrated chicken
Will be the choice upstairs
Hubby gives out one
So tiny, I don’t care

So, my four-legged friend
Things will change today
Just know I still love you
Trying to keep midnight trips at bay



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME