It's All In My Head

 While I was watering the other day, around the 10th of August, everywhere I looked it seemed something was going on. A hole in the ground, where I think a chipmunk resides. Then mounds of dirt in my front yard again. The mole was pretty busy. I glanced around and saw all the places Wild Ginger was growing. I don't plant them there, the ants do that. I just wish they wouldn't plant them in sunny areas. Oh, and the hostas now chewed down to nubbins. The deer come up the driveway, or go down it and stop for a treat! Every time I saw a new spot, a poem would form in my mind. When I got in the house and at my computer, the computer wasn't working. I grabbed a pen and paper and started writing. Kind of a condensed poem. One that included most everything. I never did finish it until this morning.



Poems In My Head
By Mary J Williams ©

The other day
While working outside
Started many poems
Thoughts I didn’t try

One about the piles
Of dirt upon the ground
Meant the mighty mole
Really went to town

Many little trees
Growing in flowerpots
The squirrel must have planted
Acorns around a lot

A little hole by the porch
Another over there
The chipmunk digs them
Doorways are every where

New weeds coming up
Who transplanted those?
Guess it would be the wind
And that’s the area they chose

The wild ginger is moved
From place to place too
I can tell you who does it
The little ants do

I was watering my plants
We haven’t had any rain
Pulling up some weeds
Poems going through my brain

I watched a squirrel
Coming up the side yard
When I made my presence known
Figuring out his reaction wasn’t hard

A tree was right near by
He scurried over there
Ran up the trunk so fast
I had no clue where!

Those deer are about
Up and down the driveway
Eating up my Hosta
No way can I keep them at bay

So here is one poem
Includes some of the thoughts
You only have to read one
instead of lots and lots!

Mole working mound 









All this planted by ants- West side and now, in August, yellowed with brown edges. Not enough shade















What's left of the Hosta


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME