Cantaloupes I Didn't Get To Eat

My Cantaloupe
By Mary J Williams ©

I had a couple of plants
That were growing under the deck
I was hoping to see what they were
So didn’t pull them, many times I checked

Lo and behold a melon one day
Didn’t know what kind
But left it to grow
It was never out of my mind

I took my phone
That had an ID app
For plants of all kinds
So, I snapped it with that

A muskmelon it said
Cantaloupe was another name
I knew I put seeds out
But both plants weren’t the same

Both melons kept growing
One looked like those from Shirk’s
Couldn’t wait till the stem
Looked like time to jerk

Ah well, the bugs beat me to it
The melon had a great big hole
Where it laid on the ground
My cantaloupe they stole

There was another kind
I would have liked to try
But a critter got to it
Chewing a hole in its side

I saw the melon
And much to my surprise
Saw a little white dog
I thought I would cry

That little dog was Lacy
She likes cantaloupe
I guess I should have picked it
But, no, I was a dope

I waited until it was ripe
But my dog didn’t wait
She chewed on the melon
I hope she enjoyed what she ate.



This one is different-don't know what kind
Like the one from Shirk's




Same as the other, I don't know what kind but the kind Lacy ate!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME