How I Feel

How I Feel
By Mary J Williams ©

I was at the store
A donut did I see
Went to the case
Picked some out for me

Thought of what’s for supper
What do I need to buy
Grabbed a bag of carrots
Then gave a great big sigh

There were some lovely green beans
When can I eat those
I will have to clean and snap
So, they were what I chose

Wanted something different
To go with the roast beef
Hope that’s okay with hubby
And he doesn’t give me grief

Home, I went with my groceries
Planning ahead is hard
Think I will take a walk
And take pictures of my yard

It’s pretty darn windy out
Which makes it pretty cold
I have my jacket on
My camera I will hold

Look at the survivors
Flowers still in bloom
Temps below freezing
Dying was not their doom

Inside and cooking
Gardening feels like this
Flowers and fresh air
Snapping green beans is bliss

Even watching Starlings
And the sparrows too
Bathing and splashing the water
How can winter make me blue


Snapdragons

Vinca


                          Sparrows bathing                      
                           Snapped green beans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME