Quiet Time

The Quiet Woke Me Up
By Mary J Williams ©

Yesterday the wind blew
Blowing in the bedroom
I even shut that window
Before my figurines met their doom

When I went to bed
I opened the window just a crack
Letting air into the room
Then I hit the sack

You could hear the wind blow
Going across the yard
Moving the trees and bushes
It was gusting really hard

It was just before three in the morning
I woke up with a start
Something was really different
It appeared the wind, did depart

The quiet woke me up
It was so awfully still
Funny how I’m sound asleep
But missing wind, penetrated the will

It was so very quiet
No sound of wind was there
I got up to check the temperature
And see how we did fare

From the Sixties during the day
It was Twenty-three right then
Wind chill was Eighteen
Fahrenheit my friend

I crawled back into bed
No worries about my trees
Falling on the house
In the mighty breeze

I should have paid attention
To Lacy laying there
She wasn’t concerned at all
She didn’t have a care

My little dog hates the storms
But she didn’t even whine
Sound asleep and snoring
Should have paid attention to the sign!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME