This Old Lady Feeds Wasps

 

This Old Lady Feeds Wasps
By Mary J Williams

Walked on the deck last night
It was after 8 p. m.
The wasps were still there
What’s the matter with them?

I did some exploring on Google
To learn as much as I could
About the Yellow Jackets
The wasps that are up to no good

Most aggressive wasp in the U.S.
They have venom in their sting
Fall is their worst time
Freezing weather, death will bring

Most live in the ground
Buildings are for some
Hope you don’t get close to a nest
They will chase you if you come

I put out some pear pieces
Thought the birds would enjoy
But as stated before
The wasps took over, oh boy!

Last night when I was out
I noticed the pears almost gone
This morning what did I do
At the crack of dawn?

I rummaged in the fridge,
found some grapes that I had
Punched a hole in two
Didn’t want the wasps to get mad

I threw those grapes
into the flower box then
Wasps were flying around
Hopefully staying away from me again

How many old ladies
Do you know, besides me
That’s just a little looney
And feeds the wasps with glee!

Yes, they are eating the grapes
All in a pile on one
No fighting did I see
Won’t be long ‘till their done!


Close up of the first picture



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME