My Dog Lacy - the Whiner

Lacy, I Am Confused
By Mary J Williams ©

Lacy, I do not understand
Your continual whine
You had your morning treats
And it’s way too early to dine!

I took a shower, Lacy at the door
When I finished and went to my room
I saw a torn up something
Laying there, it surely met its doom

It was a chewed-on soap box
An angel soap was inside
Lacy had chewed the box and soap
I have no clue where it did abide

But there it lay
Right there on the floor
Lacy had chewed the box
The angels back, is no more

Why does she chew these things
Pieces of paper, Kleenex and more
She has good food and treats
Does she feel she has to score?

Maybe she wants attention
But how can that be?
She gets pet and treats all the time
What’s wrong with you, I plea?

I will just keep wondering
Hear her whine all day
What is the next thing
Lacy will have as prey

Will it be a used tissue
Or a picture laying around
Maybe something to lick
That’s been laying on the ground

I have no clue why she does this
She is sleeping beside me now
One of these days I will figure it out
Sooner than later, I vow!

Lacy- 2022


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME