Gardening Fun

I Went Outside
By Mary J Williams

I went outside
And what did I see
All the weeds and leaves
Grinning at me

You’re too old
To harm us now
I’ll show you I said
And then I showed them how

I picked up sticks
Saved several worms
Picked them all up
And threw them very firm

In another flower bed
Did those worms fly
At least they won’t be blown
And maybe they wouldn’t die

As I was blowing leaves
I had to stop and look around
So many things happening
In the grass on the ground

A teeny tiny flower
I don’t know what it is
I hope I can I D it
I will put it on a Facebook quiz

Then I saw the wild onion
Growing every where
Right in the middle of Anemone
Probably choke them out, I swear

I was dumping my bag of leaves
And I couldn’t believe my eyes
There were two daffodils
Blooming where the water did rise

It’s a runoff area
From the streets above
And there were those daffodils
A surprise for me that I love
 
On my way back up the hill
I was startled to see
Candy Tuft starting to bloom
I smiled at them in glee

On up the hill I went
To put my stuff away
Could smell the Hyacinth
And Golden Currant blow my way

By the way I found it
the flower, tiny and white
was the start of a clover
Bees will love it, much to my delight!

Yes, I am older
Can’t do very much
But little by little
I accomplish a bunch

the tiny flower- clover 3-31-2023

Anemone 3-31-2023




Hyacinth and Double Daffodils

 
Candy Tuft 3-31-2023


Daffodil where the water run off  is

Almost a spicy smell on the Golden Currant
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME