My Critters

My Critters
By Mary J Williams ©

Watching out my window
In the early morning hours
My eye catches movement
The trees my eyes scour

There they are, up in the tree
Squirrels are playing
Running from branch to branch
Sometimes they are swaying

The sun isn’t even up
It’s just barely light
They always are playing
But not during the night

I planted some seed
In flower pots on the deck
I have seen the squirrels in them
Digging holes by heck

Planters in the front
They did the same thing
Don’t know if I will get produce
They destroy a lot in spring

They aren’t the only ones
The deer have also stopped by
Day lilies were on the menu
All I do is wonder why

They ate my neighbors too
Maybe they just ate the leaves
And the buds will still come up
And flowers bloom to please

The critters are up to no good
As far as I am concerned
They live on this Earth too
Patience, I have learned!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME