Birds, Bees and Me

Birds and the Bees and Me
By Mary J Williams (c)

What do I love
Looking outside
Watching the birds
Eat food I provide

So many birds
What do I see
There is the Tufted Titmouse
And the Black-capped Chickadee

The Cardinal flew in
To take a drink
Many do the same
Bluebirds too, I think

Yes, there he is
The Bluebird just flew in
Not for the food, but water
Busy they have been

It’s nesting time now
No insecticides for me
The birds need the protein
From the bugs you see

The Robin digs down
Eating caterpillars or slugs
Please don’t kill them
Don’t kill the bugs

If you spray your flowers
What will the bees do
Visit the flowers for pollen
And die because of the brew

We have to protect
As much as we can
The birds eat lots of bugs
Insecticides I ban

Robin and Cardinal
Black-capped Chickadee



Tufted Titmouse Bathing

Bluebird waiting his turn for food

The Bee



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME