It's About My Yard

My Front Yard Makeover
By Mary J Williams ©

When I get one of those
Thoughts in my head
It’s usually when I’m asleep
Laying in my bed

No harm in thinking
That’s what people say
But when you implement it
They then say, “No Way!”

I had the dream
Of doing the front yard
Digging up the sod
It didn’t seem so hard

I got my Grandson Derrick
To help me dig and lift
Two days of doing this
I really feel like Sh – t!

My shoulders hurt
My hands hurt too
My legs are throbbing
We’re only half through

It’s just the side of the yard
Under the Pin Oak trees
Where lots of shade plants live
And little violets I see

As we are digging
And moving out the sod
I moved a worm or two
And replanted a violet pod

Derrick worked the wheelbarrow
Moving sod, to the space in the back
Where the shed used sit
Filling the area so not even a crack

More to do tomorrow
Hopefully another three feet
Rain is coming in
And I don’t accept defeat

We will keep trucking along
Until the sod is gone
Then compost and mulch
And then there will be, no more lawn

I have a couple trees to plant
A Hawthorn and a Dogwood
Some flowers and a ground cover
I am sure it will look really good!


on 4-12-2023 started removing the
sod

                        The area I did from bricks to board walk
4-17-2023 1st strip removed

4-17-2023 2nd strip removed

3rd strip removed 4-17 -2023

What is left to do 4-17-2023


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME