Listen and Smell

Listen and Smell
By Mary J Williams©

You can tell it is Spring
From all the sounds around you
Birds are singing their songs
And the smells are beautiful too!

I have a bird app on my phone
I listened to the birds sing
Pointing the phone at the sound
So, the app could do its thing

The Red-bellied Woodpecker
Was right near by
Had a nest in the tree
Every once in a while, he would fly

There was the Bluebird
They had a nest in my yard
The app picked that sound up
It really wasn’t hard

The Northern Mocking bird
His song is tricky, it sounds like many
Hence the name mocking
And he does plenty

Many of the bird songs
I already knew quite a few
Which make me very proud
How would you do?

I love standing on the deck
In the first morning light
And listen to the sounds
Much to my delight

The smells of spring are wonderful
My currant and the lilac
Other flowers around
I can’t wait ‘til Spring comes back

Spring makes me feel good
My favorite time of year
It signifies rebirth to me
Which gives me very much cheer

Chickadees are some of my daily visitors. That is my flowering crab in the background 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME