Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME


Winter-the Yard, Birds and Critters and Me
by Mary J Williams

It's sort of winter
but the weather is mild
You can be outside
Which makes me smile

Weeds were pulled
and I planted a seed
one was a tree
If it grows, it will surprise me

I have had fun
watching the birds
an argument between bluebirds
and the Robins I've heard

Chickadees flying in
and the Titmouse too
I grab the camera
Then off they flew

I have a flowerbox
sits on the rail
It's on the two by six
so falling will fail

It also can sit on a two by four
but mine just has the space
The birds walk through the tunnel
and disappear without a trace

One time, while filling the feeders
One of the tunnels had a bird
A sparrow was in there 
He ran so fast, he was blurred

I love watching them 
they think the tunnels fun
Maybe they get cool
If there's a lot of sun.

I have to wash the deck 
to try and keep it clean
with bird seed and poop
Dog pee I mean

When it's cold outside
Or very early morn
The dogs do their business
The deck they adorn

This year is almost done
Just a few more days
Today is my birthday
I don't feel 80, no way!
Male Eastern Bluebird argument
Robin in crabapple tree


Planted tree seeds here. One is a Persimmon

Robins in the tree these and many more
12-27-2023
Sparrow in the tunnel of planter

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!