The Weather

It's All About The Weather
By Mary J Williams ©

It was February 
When the weather was weird
All of the changes
Were really feared

This really happened
From one day to the next
I'm not making this up
More than just me was certainly vexed

The temperature soared
To eighty-one degrees
Then we were told
It was going to freeze

Maybe some rain
Mixed with some snow
This is Missouri
So, anything goes

On February the 27th
Was the day we will remember
The temperature was 81
And no, it's not September

The forecast came
And shocked us all
February the 28th
Rain and snow should fall

I didn't think it would
watching the temperature drop
From that balmy 81 to the 30's
Went to bed and it didn't stop

The 28th of February
I got up to let the dog out
Oh, my God, look Lacy
That is snow all about

I laughed and got my camera
I just had to take a pic
otherwise no one would believe
they'd probably think I was sick

The temperature now was lower
down to 20 degrees
Snow was on the ground
and there was a mighty breeze

I have the pictures to prove it
It's still hard to believe
the temperature had dropped
over 60 degrees

This is Missouri
on the same day seven years ago
granddaughter climbing a tree
and leaves are budding, you know

So, really the weather does this
It's happened many times before
It changes in a heartbeat
and will for evermore
February 26, 2024

February 26, 2024

February 28, 2024

February 28, 2024






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME