Critters Around my House
By Mary J Williams ©

Out of the corner of my eye
I see movement there
What could it be
It’s something with hair

I looked over
There is the ground hog
He is dark and not moving
Looks like a log

I’m putting water
In my birdbath you see
Now the ground hog’s standing up
Just looking at me

He or she has seen me before
There was a small one too
Now it’s just the one
They look alike so I have no clue

What else do I see
Chipmunks are around
One I see daily
By a bag of soil on the ground

I got up one morning
Day Lilies I planted
Were chewed to the ground
"It’s the deer!", I chanted

Now there are rabbits too
And squirrels out there
You kind of learn what they eat
And not plant them, if you care

Sometimes the message is
“Deer won’t eat this”
They will eat what they want
Some plants they dismiss


So, yes, I have critters
And sometimes I fuss
How they aggravate me
And sometimes I cuss

But those that know me
I am a softy at heart
Probably won’t do anything
Which, I guess, is not too smart

Looking at me

Neighbors yard










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME