Hoe, Hoe, Hoe and I am not talking about Santa Laughing!

Got to the gardens early and thought I would move some dirt up around the potatoes that are sprouting. After doing it a few minutes I figured I would use my hoeing skills to plant the onions that hadn't been planted yet.  Hoed a big hill and then poked in the onions.  I forgot the kind, started with a G. They are a white onion. Then I planted most of my "Candy" onion. Leaving space to plant my garden buddies few onions that she had siting here in 4 inch pots and some in 4 packs.  I found some potatoes left over from my potato planting so thought I would put them in. We had a couple of potatoes come up volunteer from last year, in a nice row. One at the beginning and one at the end.  I planted mine in the middle.  Trying a new way. Laid the potato on the ground and hilled the dirt up and over the top.  Normally I dig a trench and put in the potato and pull the dirt up over the top. We shall see. I also hoed the edge in case we want to put in some flowers.
Next order of business was hoe in between the rows of beans. Insects already eating on the leaves.  So 25 ft 4 rows.  Hoe, hoe, hoe!
Then I decided to get all the weeds out of that section so hoed some more.
I wasn't kidding when I said hoe, hoe, hoe.
That's it. I'm done for the day!  Or, so I thought! Went to River City Gardens and hoed some more at the Medicine Wheel. One of the Master Gardeners helped me and we planted 8 plants too.
Potatoes coming up

Onions 

peppers and tomatoes

3 rows of bean in the distance

New hill of potatoes

It was nippy out when I first started 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME