I Have To Listen

I Don’t Listen
By Mary J Williams ©

I told myself
Before going outside
Just do the watering
Nothing else on the side

Did I listen to me
I don’t think I did
I grabbed the clippers
I thought I had hid

Over to a bush
Growing out of another plant
This will not do
That is my rant!

Take the clippers to it
Cut that bush down
Did the ID first
Before cutting to the ground

A Possumhaw Holly
Was the name of the bush
No clue where it came from
Cutting was hard, then gave a big push

Well, that is cut down
Try to dig out another time
As long as I don’t hurt
The crepe myrtle that’s mine

Then trimmed out
Two Coreopsis growing there
Even pulled weeds
More and more I swear

Trimmed up the Bee Balm
No seed tops to save
All eaten up
Nothing for another day

I then begin to water
I am all worn out
I didn’t listen to myself
Now I’m sore and going to pout

                                            July 31, 2024

Possomhaw Holly


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME