I Never Know What's Going To Happen Next!


My Deck Flowers and Garden
By Mary J Williams ©

This has not been a year
For my plants to do good
Either critters got them
or something else could

It was a while back
I went on the deck
Noticed my Marigold
It was dead by heck!

I heaved a great sigh
And went on my way
There wasn’t much to do
And nothing to say!

About a month ago,
In another pot,
There were some baby plants
Weeds they were not

Little tiny Marigolds
Were starting to grow
A smile lit my face
Those I do know

I watered and nurtured
Plants were growing strong
I also found some more
Hoped nothing would go wrong

Cantaloupe seed was thrown out
In another big barrel
I thought maybe the birds
Would eat if they weren’t sterile

Low and behold
Three little sprouts
Were looking at me
I wasn’t pulling them out

Now all are blooming
The temperatures are dropping
I have flowers on the Marigolds
But bet there will be no cropping

Been fun to watch
At least something to enjoy
I even got a few peppers
And a few tomatoes, oh boy.

Here are some pictures
Guess I really never gave up
I love the garden
I really do, Yup!

New Marigolds Blooming


The next bunch that came up












An now these little ones

The Cantaloupe with many blooms. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME