The Squirrel Eats Everything!

At My Kitchen Sink
By Mary J Williams ©

Standing at my kitchen sink
Trying to fix supper
I look out and see a squirrel
And then I start to sputter

I can’t believe it
It can’t be true
The squirrel eating
My Christmas cactus I grew

He is holding a piece
I can see him eating
I run to get my camera
Proof is what I will be needing

There I have a picture
I just can’t believe it
Eating Christmas Cactus
I wish the heck he’d quit

Now I’m watching Bluebirds
In the birdbath, bathing
It is a Juvenile
It really is amazing

Then the one starts to preen
On his chest, tail feathers and wings
All of that then flies down again
Into the water he flings

Wait, the squirrel is back
Rose Moss flowers to eat
No wonder I don’t have flowers
The rose moss is his next treat

I can’t believe all that is going on
I see an orange bird across from me
No picture, as he flew
Just as soon as I could see


Juvenile Bluebirds
Three of them I see
I am out on the deck now
The neighbor’s feeder across from me

One more bird to add to the list
A Northern Mockingbird flew in
I better quit right now
Or supper will never begin

7-20-2024

chewing on Christmas Cactus

Juvenile Eastern Bluebird 


Eating the Rose Moss

Even eating the flowers of the RoseMoss

Preening after bath
Northern Mockingbird



Comments

  1. You see so much from your kitchen window ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME