Gardening Time but at Home

 It's gardening time but no more big plots across the river. I just don't feel like I can do it on the large scale. Keeping up with my yard and having some veggies planted in the flower beds will be plenty.  The problem is, my yard has been let go for so long, mostly the sides and back, I have lots to keep me busy right here at home! The beginning is going on
 

Gardening at Home
By Mary J Williams ©

I gave up the garden plots
Over across the river
All that work
Just made me shiver

Trying to do some planting
But doing it at home
Planting in the flower beds
I just need some loam

Almanac said 28, 29, or 30
To put the potatoes in the ground
Didn’t know when the next time
For planting would come around

So, I dug and I dug
Then got the tiller going
Up and down the area
A place for the growing

I added some soil
Don’t think it was the right kind
But I used it anyway
Getting done was on my mind

Tilled that soil in
A trench was then made
Potatoes were put in
And covered with my spade

I can’t hardly move
My leg muscles are aching
My arms feel funny
And they sure are shaking

Time to go inside
Sit in my comfy chair
Maybe tomorrow
I will, again, be out there.
The potatoes and some onions planted here 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME