Watching from my Window and out on the Deck

Starling - Deer - Wasps and Me
By Mary J Williams ©

Standing at the sink
Looking in the tree
Are those a ton of Grackles
Nope, Starlings they be

I was about to go out
And scare them away
But my little Rosebud
Beat me with a bay

She thought I saw a critter
Barking did commence
All those many Starlings
Took flight, and it was dense

I looked out again
As I let the dogs out
I walked on the deck
To give a big shout

Starlings were there
In that tree again
I glanced down
And then I had a grin

Wishing I had my camera
There in my hand
As a pretty doe
Was there on my land

Of course, Rosebud
Just had to see her
I saw the flag go up
And she left in a blur

Then I saw another tail
Another made three
Deer in my yard
I couldn’t be more pleased!

No pictures did I get
Of the pretty deer
But did get pictures of wasps
That have been so near!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME