Leaves, Leaves and More Leaves

Leaves In My Yard
By Mary J Williams ©

I just realized
The way the wind was blowing
A lot of my leaf mulch
Blew about and was going

To the neighbor’s yard
They blow their leaves anyway
They don’t like the leaves
On the their yard to stay

I leave my leaves
Mulch is what they are
But in these heavy winds
They could go far

Or maybe just next door
To the neighbors they did go
They are going to be upset
When again they will have to blow

Or maybe they went farther
Down the hill to the back
There they can stay
And not cause any flack!

I still have lots of leaves
They keep my perennials warm
In this cold, cold weather
And in any snowstorm

I went outside to check
And boy was I surprised
To see how many leaves
In my yard, did still abide

I didn’t lose any
That is for sure
I have all the neighbors
Of that I can assure

I will have plenty of leaves
Plants won’t have a care
Even the yard will have enough
Good for pollinators everywhere

The wind is still gently blowing
I have an easy way to tell
A wind chime just outside the window
The tunes haven’t quit at all for a spell



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME