The Five Striped Skink

The Skink and Me
By Mary J Williams ©

I started the day early
Gathered my cloths to wash
And downstairs I went
Only four days’ worth by gosh

I changed how I did laundry
Didn’t like doing seven days at a time
Now it’s Monday and Friday
I still will fight the grime

After picking up my stuff
And taking it downstairs
I started the machine
Threw all in, who cares

Don’t separate the whites
Only have just one
Not gonna’ hand wash either.
In with the rest and it’s done

I was going to the store
And stopped to transfer wash to dry
Pulled out the clothes
I had a little surprise

There in the bottom of the machine
I saw what appeared to be a tail
Then I saw the body of a skink
Looking might pale

Yep, he is deceased
I don’t think he planned very well
Climbing into the clothes bin
Was not the place to dwell

How I didn’t see him
As I put the clothing in
He didn’t try to leave
And now he is a has been

No more little Skink
The five striped variety
I took a picture
But he did give me some anxiety

I have no clue how it happened
But other skinks beware
The dirty clothes bin
Is not for you I swear

Date of death: 4-14-2023


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME